Weeknights are busy for us. Sometimes I make a quick salad like this one. Make this salad like I did, with frozen precooked chicken strips…then all you have to do is chop everything up and make it look pretty!
Leave off the croutons and use unbreaded chicken fingers to make it gluten free!
I used a Thousand Island dressing with bacon, but Ranch or any creamy dressing will work great.
- Precooked chicken strips, reheated per package directions and cut into bite-sized pieces (I used Tyson chicken strips here)
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 Haas avocado, cubed
- 1 small Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- croutons (pictured are Texas Toast garlic & butter croutons)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (scallions), green part only
- your favorite creamy salad dressing
Lay chopped lettuce on a large plate. Lay each ingredient on top, forming lines across the lettuce. Top with salad dressing and onions. Enjoy![/recipe]