How about I show you a gluten free quesadilla today with all the fajita fixin’s?
I found Goodbye Gluten large wraps in my grocery store a while ago. They are right next to the regular tortillas!
Heat the wrap covered in a damp paper towel for a few seconds to warm it and make it easier to work with.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 4-5 ounces chicken, cubed
- One whole small green pepper, sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheese (such as 4 Cheese Mexican blend)
- juice from 1/4 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- One 10-inch gluten free tortilla (or any you prefer)
Chop up the green pepper, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. In a nonstick skillet with a little butter or oil, brown the vegetables, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add cubed chicken to hot pan over medium-high heat. Add the chili powder, cumin and salt. Squeeze the lime juice over the chicken, and fry until golden brown. Add chicken to plate of vegetables; turn off burner and wipe out skillet.
Place a 10-inch tortilla in the hot pan; to one side add half the cheese, then the chicken and vegetables. Top with remaining cheese, and fold the tortilla in half. Turn heat back on medium-low.
Cook until browned; flip to brown other side. Remove from pan; let sit 5 minutes to cool (so it doesn’t fall apart when cut).
Top with sour cream, guacamole, and/or pico de gallo. Enjoy!