Beef stroganoff, how I love thee…but alas, the scale reminds me just how much I love thee.
How to make a lighter version? And make it gluten free?
This recipe is both! At around 550 for a serving including the noodles, this will make you feel pretty dern good about still getting to eat what you love!
Move over, fatty beef stroganoff and glutinous Hamburger Helper!
Lighter Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound 93/7 (or 90/10) ground beef
- (or top round, cubed or sliced beef, if you prefer)
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard (or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Greek yogurt, plain yogurt, or sour cream
- 3-4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or chicken will work fine too)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce box of gluten free pasta (or mashed potatoes or rice)
In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked through. Do not drain fat from meat.
Add broth, sliced mushrooms, mustard, Greek yogurt, cubed cream cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until sauce is formed and thickened.
Stir in parsley before serving. Spoon over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice. Enjoy!