Here’s a super easy pasta salad recipe. This is usually what I bring to summer parties when I’m asked to bring a side dish. I make it all the time and use whatever vegetables I have in my fridge and pantry.
Use gluten free pasta (for the photos I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta) and check the label of whatever dressing you choose for MSG.
While Roma tomatoes aren’t essential, they hold up better when chopped. Smaller ones will be less watery, too.
Making the pasta the day before and letting the dressing absorb overnight makes for a more flavorful final dish, but if you don’t have time, everything can be put together same day. If the pasta absorbs all the dressing, add a little more right before serving.
Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 box (8-12 ounces) gluten free pasta (try Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing, plus more if needed (try Ken’s Light Northern Italian or Kraft Viva Italian)
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 can (14 ounces) salad cut hearts of palm, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed cheese, such as Cheddar or Mozzarella (you can even use cheese sticks!)
- 1 1/2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced mini salad bell peppers (or use regular bell peppers)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a bowl with a tight fitting lid, add pasta and half the bottle of dressing. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (You can make this same day if necessary)
A few hours before serving, add the veggies, cheese and the rest of the dressing. Refrigerate until chilled. If pasta absorbs the dressing, add a little more and toss before serving. Enjoy!