Do you love chickpea hummus? Well here’s any easy version using canned black beans, and everyday pantry ingredients (no tahini!). Great on tortilla or pita chips and veggies, or as a sandwich spread – just like it’s lighter-hued cousin.
I add in some sour cream for a smooth, spreadable result. Try adding some fresh chopped cilantro and jalapeno for a kick!
The point is to really blend it well – at least several minutes. It’ll be smooth and creamy and perfect!
Black Bean Hummus
Yield about 2 1/2 cups.
- 2-15 ounce cans reduced or no sodium black beans,
- rinsed and drained
- juice of a whole lime
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
Process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed, 3-5 minutes. Serve cold as you would chickpea hummus, or use as a spread on sandwiches. Enjoy!