Mmmm….quiche. But there was always something wrong, to me, with the recipes I tried. Not nearly enough cheese! Now I know to be a quiche it needs to be eggy, but why not cheesy too? My version isn’t for brunch, it’s for dinner!
Here’s tonight’s meal…full of fresh vegetables and yes, lots of cheese. Your kids WILL eat this quiche, and all the vegetables in it, even if they don’t like vegetables. If you family doesn’t like ham, substitute ground beef or whatever you like! Easy and gluten free!
Lots of fresh ingredients here. Lots of color!
- 4 ounces chopped ham
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, white part only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar and monterey jack), plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- Salt and pepper if needed
Saute the onion, garlic, red pepper and squash in a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, mushrooms, green onion and ham and simmer until spinach wilts. Put mixture in a buttered pie plate. Top with 2 cups of cheese.
Wisk the eggs, milk and Bisquick until combined. Pour over the cheese and vegetables and give everything a stir to incorporate the egg mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is brown and bubbly and quiche is no longer jiggly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!